The Ingham County Bar Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in Michigan in 2002 as a vehicle for lawyers and other interested citizens to make charitable contributions for the tangible, meaningful benefit of the community.
The mission of the Ingham County Bar Foundation is to:
- Promote access to justice
- Expand the availability of legal services to the public at large
- Support local charitable organizations
- Promote continuing legal education
- Foster the honor and integrity of the profession of law
Any person may become a member of the Ingham County Bar Foundation by making a donation of at least $25 per year. Lifetime membership is achieved by donating $1,000 or more, either by way of one lump sum or cumulatively over the course of time. Members are entitled to voting rights and may choose to serve the Foundation through committee work.
How to Give
Donations of any amount, at any time, are accepted by the Foundation and are fully tax deductible. Donate here
Memorials are a lasting gift of support in memory of a friend, loved one, or colleague. Memorial contributions can be identified for a specific project, endowment, or made as an unrestricted gift.
Planned Gifts made through a Will or Trust allow you, your family, or your client to make a donation as part of an estate plan. The Foundation may accept gifts in any form, including personal property, securities, life insurance, remainder trusts, etc.
Please consult with your accountant or tax advisor regarding the benefits of making a gift based upon your particular circumstances.
Recipients of donations or grants from the Ingham County Bar Foundation in previous years include:
- The Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School 5K Race for Education
- City of Lansing Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial Holiday Observance for Students
- H.O.P.E. Scholarship Program with the Lansing Police Department and Lansing Public Schools
- Elder Law of Michigan
- Highfields, Inc.
- Lansing State Journal - Newspapers in Education Program
- Ingham County Child Benefit Fund
- Dwight Rich Middle School's Emotionally & Mentally Impaired Educational Program
- Sister Cities - Voting Rights Act Commemorative Program
- Sister Cities - Brown v Board of Education Commemorative Program
- Ingham County Bar Association - Bench/Bar Conference
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Ingham County
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Service to Soldiers Program
- Ingham County Bar Association - Law Day Essay Contest
- and many more!!!
New projects that meet the mission and goals of the Ingham County Bar Foundation are considered each year.
The Foundation will accept applications for 2013 funding grants on August 1, 2013 with the deadline for applications of August 31, 2013. All grant applications must be submitted electronically; complete information is contained in the documents available for download below.
Please click here for a pdf version of the Foundation's Grant Guidelines & Application.
Questions regarding the grant application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow up to three business days for
replies. Notification in writing by December 31, 2013.
Ingham County Bar Foundation 9 Annual Memorial Golf Classic:
Monday, June 10, 2013
Country Club of Lansing
2200 Moores River Drive
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Registration and Lunch
1:00 p.m. Shot Gun Start
5:00 p.m. Program/Awards Reception
Download Registration Form
Interested in sponsoring the
Ingham County Bar Foundation 9th Annual Memorial Golf Classic
All sponsors will receive recognition in marketing before and after the event, and in the E-
General Hole Sponsor $100
Corporate Sponsorship $500.00 Name in on-site program and Hole Sponsor
Download Sponsorship Form
Board of Directors of the Ingham County Bar Foundation:
Suasan L. LeDuc, President
David M. Lick, Vice President
Nan E. Casey, Secretary
Tomas E. Woods, Treasurer
Michael E. Cavanaugh
Shauna L. Dunnings
James F. Graves
Max R. Hoffman, Jr.
Lee B. Reimann
Peter S. Sheldon
Webb A. Smith
Thomas E. Woods