October 31, 2023
Abdnour Weiker LLP
Remote – Anywhere in Michigan is OK
Years of Experience:
We are seeking an attorney with 1-5 years of experience to assist in growing our student rights-focused law practice in the state of Michigan. Experience in education or education law is preferred, but not required. The position is full time (30+ hours per week) and licensure to practice law in Michigan is required. The selected professional will represent k12 students in suspension/expulsion hearings, special education meetings and dispute resolution sessions, and represent postsecondary students in code of conduct and academic misconduct hearings, Title IX hearings, and out-of-state residency appeals, among other student-focused matters. The position will also require occasional representation of educators (teachers and administrators) in employee discipline and licensure proceedings.
- License to practice law in Michigan
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in education, civil rights, employment, and/or disability law
- Empathy and patience for people going through difficult situations
- Strong commitment to personal and professional ethics
- Able to follow directions carefully and meet deadlines
- Professional fluency in English
- Transportation for travel to and from hearings and meetings
- Very light lifting or bending may be required for in-court appearances or hearings with clients
This is a fully remote position, but you must be located in Michigan and able to travel to hearings and meetings at local school districts as needed. We have offices in Bloomfield Hills and Lansing for in-person client meetings.
We offer our attorneys a 50% share of all revenue they bring in and a comprehensive benefits plan including health insurance, life insurance, retirement contribution, and a flexible schedule.
Please submit a resume and writing sample to Liz Abdnour at email@example.com. Please put “Attorney position” in the subject line.
Accepting applications on a rolling basis. You will only be contacted if you are being considered for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer.