Paul V. McCord
Paul V. McCord
Paul V. McCord has accumulated a wide range of tax litigation experience over the last 20 years, including serving as a clerk on the U.S. Tax Court and as a judge of the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
Paul has represented clients before the IRS, Michigan Department of Treasury, other state revenue departments and local units of government. He has appeared for clients in the United States Tax Court, Michigan Court of Claims, Michigan Tax Tribunal, Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court.
Before law school, Paul served as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy during the First Gulf War.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Taxation Section – Pro Bono Counsel
- Achieved an AV Preeminent® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Detroit Small Business Legal Academy – Wayne state University Law School. Organizational Issues – Tax (February 2015).
- State Bar of Michigan, Taxation Section – 26th Annual Tax Conference. State Tax Controversies: A View from Many Angles (May 2013)
- Some People Really Are Interested in Taxes: Tax Law Theme Introduction, 91 MI Bar J 17 (July 2012)
- Oakland County Bar Association – Presentation. Property Tax Appeals: Practical Pointers for Your Residential Appeal (February 2012)
- Adequacy of Michigan’s Tax Appeal Procedures – Another Fine Mess You Have Got Us Into, 36 MI Tax L 26 (Winter 2010)
- Oakland University – CPE Weekend. State Tax Update – Keeping CPAs Informed about Changes in Michigan Taxation (June 2010)
“Paul is a conscientious hard working lawyer that represents his clients’ interests with integrity and diligence. He can be trusted as a man of his word and always is cognizant of the limitation of the law with respect to the client’s expectations and all the possible outcomes.” – Private Practice Attorney
“Mr. McCord is of the highest legal ability and impeccable ethical character. His experience practicing law has been both varied in its setting and specific in its nature. I would implicitly trust him with my company’s state and local taxation matters. Personally, I also value his legal counsel on general matters.” – Corporate Counsel